CC-PLUS is an open source software, community, and administrative tool set for usage statistics management that will support libraries and consortia in data-driven decisions and effective stewardship of electronic resources.
This shareable platform will enable consortia and member libraries to:
- establish and enhance proactive, community-based approaches to usage data management, especially among consortia in North America, with global applicability;
- create staffing and cost efficiencies with flexible, shared infrastructure;
- increase libraries’ analytic capacity with flexible tools;
- support adherence to and use of COUNTER and NISO standards within the library, publisher, and consortial communities; and
- empower libraries and consortia to practice exemplary stewardship by making data-informed decisions regarding investments in electronic resources.
The application uses consortial library SUSHI credentials to harvest COUNTER reports from major scholarly publishers. Reports are validated and stored and the system provides alerts for problems with data harvests. Usage data is available through a dynamic interface corresponding to consortial and library needs. The initial release of the CC-PLUS platform is available under an Apache 2.0 software license along with documentation at: https://palcilibraries.github.io/CC-Plus/